- We work approximately 600 cases a year and order approximately 150 autopsies a year.
- We are used by 32 other counties in Indiana and Illinois. The Coroner's Office generates approximately $30,000.00 in revenue from morgue fees. We charge other counties a $100.00 morgue fee for the use of our building. The money generated goes directly into the general fund.
- The Vanderburgh County Coroner's Office is toured by over 2,200 high school and college students and nursing students.
- The Vanderburgh County Coroner's Office is also used as a teaching facility for our local medical students and nursing students.
- We support organ and tissue donation. Over 64 lives can be saved by one organ and tissue donor. Please tell your family your wish for organ and tissue donation.
For additional questions, please feel free to call (812) 435-5730.
Last updated: 2/25/2009 8:24:57 AM