There are a few simple things YOU can do during Ozone and Particulate Alerts to reduce emissions and limit levels of air pollution:
- Wait until 6 PM to refuel your car.
- Postpone using gas-powered mowers and trimmers until late evening or until after the Ozone Alert has been canceled.
- Avoid idling your motor, for example at drive-through windows.
- Postpone unnecessary car trips.
- Carpool, ride the bus, or ride your bike.
- Combine necessary errands into one trip.
- Limit the use of household products that contain VOCs (such as oil based paints).
- Park your car in the shade.
- Bring your lunch to work, or walk to the restaurant.
- DO NOT OPEN BURN (open burning is prohibited during pollution alerts)
There are a few simple things YOU can do Everyday to reduce air pollution:
- Conserve energy. Buy fuel efficient vehicles and appliances.
- Keep your car tuned.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
- Insulate, caulk and weather strip you home.
- Recycle and never burn your trash.
- Plant trees.
Click here to view the Citizen's Guide to Air Pollution Alerts.
Click here to view the City/County Employee Guide to Air Pollution Alerts.