Welcome to the Vanderburgh County Auditor's website!
The Auditor's Office is the very heartbeat of county government. Every county office deals directly with the Auditor's Office on a regular basis to obtain important financial and tax-related information.
The Auditor literally keeps the books for county government. It is the Auditor's goal that this information be timely, accurate, and easily accessible to the public.
Vanderburgh County Auditor:
2015 Tax Sale will be held on Friday, August 28, 2015 at 9:00 AM in Room 301 of the Civic Center Complex. Click on the Tax Sale link on the left for more information and an updated list of properties.
The Spring Tax Deadline was May 11, 2015.The Fall Tax Deadline will be November 10, 2015. 2014 pay 2015 tax information is available on the Treasurer's website. Use this link to go to the Treasurer's website to view the tax database.
2014 pay 2015 Property Tax Rates Click to view the final 2014 pay 2015 property tax rates that were published in the Courier & Press on March 20, 27 and April 3, 2015.
2015 Approved Budget for Vanderburgh County is now available for viewing. Click on the link to view.
2015 pay 2016 Tax Deductions The property tax exemption deadline is January 5, 2016. To be eligible for these deductions in 2016, persons must be the owner of their primary residence as of December 31, 2015.
2014 Approved Budget for Vanderburgh County is now available for viewing. Click on the link to view.
Self Service Sites
Employee Self Service for Vanderburgh County Employees Effective October 1, 2012, Vanderburgh County went live with the MUNIS payroll system. If you are an employee for Vanderburgh County, click here to access the Self Service feature. For more detailed instructions on how to access your employee information , click here.
Vendor Self Service for Vanderburgh County If you are a vendor for Vanderburgh County, click here to access the Self Service feature. The Auditor's Office recommends new and current vendors to utilize this site. To access the current Vendor List for Vanderburgh County, click here.
Homestead Verification Form was first mailed out with the 2009 pay 2010 tax bills. If the form was not returned that year or the year after, then another form was mailed out with the 2011 pay 2012 tax bills. Due to changes made through legislation, the State of Indiana is requiring all County Auditors to compile specific information on all homestead properties. A pink Homestead Verification Form was mailed out with the tax bills. This form should be filled out by all property owners and mailed to the address below:
Vanderburgh County Auditor
Rm 208 Civic Center Complex
1 NW Martin Luther King JR Blvd
Evansville, IN 47708-1833
If you have misplaced the form mailed to you, please click here to print out a form. Failure to complete and send in this form may result in loss of your homestead deduction. You must have the Adobe reader to print this form. Should you need the reader, we have provided a link to obtain the free program directly from the Adobe website: INSTALL ADOBE ACROBAT. Click on the Fact Sheet for additional information on the Homestead Verification Form from the Department of Local Government Finance.
State Representatives Contact Information
Click here for contact information on Vanderburgh County State Representatives and Senators.
Free Discount Drug Prescription Cards
are now available to Vanderburgh County residents. Click here to go to the Health Department's site for more information.
Website for County Employees:
Visit the Vanderburgh County Payroll site to find out about:
There will be a County Road Hearing
immediately following the 4/21/15 Commission Meeting at 5:00 PM in Room 301 of the Civic Center. Please call the County Highway at 812-435-5777 with any requests for county road repairs.
County Commission Meetings
- August 11, 2015 - Commission/ Rezoning Meeting - Room 301 - Drainage to follow.
- August 25, 2015 - 5:00 PM - Commission Meeting - Room 301
- September 1, 2015 - 5:00 PM - Commission/ Rezoning Meeting - Room 301 - Drainage to follow.
- September 15, 2015 - 5:00 PM - Commission Meeting - Room 301 - Drainage to follow.
County Council Meetings
- August 5, 2015 - 8:00 AM - Room 301 - County Council Meeting
- August 13, 2015 - 8:30 AM - Room 301 - County Council 2016 Budget Hearing
- August 14, 2015 - 8:30 AM - Room 301 - County Council 2016 Budget Hearing
- August 19, 2015 - 3:30 PM - Room 301 - Joint County/ City Depts 2016 Budget Hearing
- August 26, 2015 - 8:00 AM - Room 301 - Personnel & Finance Meeting
- September 2, 2015 - 8:00 AM - Room 301 - County Council Meeting
- September 2, 2015 - 8:30 AM - Room 301 - County Council Budget Hearing
- September 2, 2015 - 9:00 AM - Room 301 - County Council Trustee Budget Review
- September 30, 2015 - 8:00 AM - Room 301 - Personnel & Finance Meeting
- September 30, 2015 - 8:30 AM - Room 301 - County Council Budget Adoption Hearings
- September 30, 2015 - 9:00 AM - Room 301 - County Council Budget Review for Civil Taxing Units
To listen and view the live streaming of these meetings, click here.
To review and listen to prior meetings, click on the appropriate category below:
To view a monthly calendar of events, visit our Events Calendar.
Room 208 Civic Center Complex
1 NW Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Evansville IN 47708-1880
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Closed holidays.)
Auditor's Office Directory
Use these links for more information on:
Available on-line forms
To visit our website, click here: Auditor's Office.